Monday, September 15, 2014

Trusting God in the Dark

Hey pretty girl! It has been a while! Today's blog is going to touch on several different concepts, that all relate to being able to trust God. Recently I have had to trust God with alot of things.

When we experience trials in our life, it is a good time for our faith to grow because we usually have two choices, doubt God or trust him. It is very easy to talk about our faith when everything in our life is going smoothly, but what happens when your life is suddenly interrupted and you have to make some tough decisions?

When making a decision, it is critical to fully rely on God. Now here is the kicker. What if God asks you to do something that is completely illogical? Something that does not make sense? Do you trust him in the dark?

Recently, I had to take a leave of absence from work. Now, the enemy instantly began to invoke fear in my head. I began to wonder how I was going to pay my bills. So naturally, my first instinct was to get a job to fill in the monetary gaps until I could return to my full-time job. However, God did not tell me to rush out and get just any  job. God actually confirmed to me that I needed to sit back, collect myself, and regroup.He actually told me that I needed to start pursuing some other dreams and goals of mine. If I was able to find a job that allowed me to be within the will of God, then I needed to take it, but if I couldn't, then I would still be fine.

Now I am going to be honest sis, the thought of sitting back and collecting myself sounded silly. I felt as if I needed to be collecting a check so that I could pay my rent, car payment, and all of the other mandatory bills. I needed to put food on the table. For goodness sake, I had a three year old to support.

So I wrestled with the idea of what God wanted me to do versus what made sense to me. I mean I wrestled. I figured that if I was within the will of God, then he would make the provisions necessary. Anytime God wants us to do something, he makes the provisions for it and he gives us peace.

So I have continued to look for jobs, but no one has called me back. That within itself shows me that I am within God's will. When he wants me to work, then a job within my capabilities will present itself.  I am still here, my bills are paid, there is food on the table, and my son and I are fine. I am not drinking champagne and shopping every day, but my needs are met. Every financial fear that I've had has been working in my favor, and I know that it is only by the grace of God.

How do I know that it is God? Because it is nothing that I have done! So it has to be God!

I wrote this scripture in my journal, the day after I had to go on leave from my job:

And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19 AMP)

God also dropped it in my spirit to tithe. I am going to be honest. It killed me to tithe, knowing that I am not working, but I am learning that I have to be obedient and trust God. He knows what is best for me, even when I don't. The day after I tithed, I received a financial blessing the next day that was exactly ten times the amount that I had tithed.

I don't know what tomorrow brings, but what I do know is that God and I have this thing going on.....where if I'm obedient and I trust him, I will be fine. Even in the dark.

You will only know if you try.....sis

B :)



No comments:

Post a Comment